Summer Employment Opportunity for Youth: Program and Events Assistant (Art Starts, Toronto)
Position Type: Summer
Job Region: Toronto
Deadline: June 26, 2011
Hours per week: 30
Commitment: 7 Weeks
Start/End Date: July4th-Aug12, 2011
Art Starts is an award-winning charitable, not-for-profit organization committed to arts-based community development in the city of Toronto. Our mandate is to build healthier communities using the arts. We are a growing organization currently operating five sites across the city.
Position Summary: As the Programs and Event Assistant, student(s) will support the many events and celebrations associated with five Art Starts summer programs.
• Developing marketing & communications materials (e.g flyer design, web & Facebook postings…),
• Recruiting volunteers, outreach, liaising with all partners (e.g. police, artists,
• Assisting during programs set up and take down/clean up
• Administrative support, purchasing supplies, finding venues, etc.
• The students will be assisting with the following five programs:
- Dusk Dances
- The Element, a summer program for teens from one Lawrence Heights and Neptune
- Mural Program & Celebration.
- Art in XS – a creative summer camp for children
• You must be a student between 15 and 25 who is returning to school full time in September 2011.
• Interested in community arts and working with racialized and underserved communities.
• Able to multi task and work within set deadlines and possess excellent organizational
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work well with other and possess great interpersonal skills.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic and responsible.
• An arts background and experience is an asset.
Interested applicants please reply with your resume and cover letter to: Katherine Earl: Art Start Program Manager Katherine@artstarts.net“
submitted by Tamara Haberman
Director of Development and Administration, Art Starts
For more information on Art Starts, read their profile.
Please see ArtBridge’s Google Map for contact information.