ArtFare Essentials 2018 (Jumblies Theatre)
January 26th – February 1st, 2018
What is it?
- “An intensive workshop on the principles and practices of art that engages with and creates community;
- A 6-day exhilarating experiential journey of learning and artmaking;
- Everything (or many things!) you need to know to launch your own project;
- Open to artists from all forms and traditions and others with an interest in community-engaged arts;
- A blend of presentations, discussions, hands-on activities, creative explorations and take-home resources;
- Lead by Ruth Howard, Artistic Director of Jumblies Theatre, with other co-facilitators and guest artists;
- Adaptable to diverse partnerships, contexts, interests and regions across Canada.
- Definitions, values & core principles
- Guiding and safeguarding your vision
- Project start-up & basics
- Partnerships (cross-sector)
- Budgets, resources and grants
- Arts-based and oral history research
- Aesthetics and ethics
- Interdisciplinary collaborations
- Creative processes
- Cross-cultural collaboration
- Conflict and challenges
- History of community plays/arts
- Evaluation and documentation
- Legacy and sustainability
- Others according to partners’ interests
(limited sliding scale and work exchanges places available)
Snacks and some meals provided.
Accommodation: For out of town registrants, we can help you find free or affordable billets.
Certification: Attendees will receive a certificate of completion from the Jumblies Studio.
This workshop can also be adapted for other Ontario and Canadian locations.
If you are interested in attending or in bringing a workshop to your community, please get in touch with Jumblies Theatre.”