Call for Expressions of Interest for Canadian Artists: Art Benches of Liberty Village (Toronto)
“The Liberty Village Business Improvement Area (LVBIA) is inviting Canadian artists to submit a proposal for the creation of public art to be installed on 25 unique steel benches. The LVBIA’s first bench program, named BenchMark, transformed old wooden benches into public pieces of art.
This new Art Benches Program of the LVBIA and the City of Toronto goes beyond transformation to creation. The goal of the Art Benches Program is to beautify the Liberty Village area while supporting national and local artists and celebrating the community spirit that defines Liberty Village.
Liberty Village is Toronto’s innovation hub, forged in creativity. As you walk around Liberty Village there is a sense of community, modern yet timeless, youthful village atmosphere. This energy and vibrancy comes from the concentration of more than 600 businesses which include some of Toronto’s leading creative thinkers and companies in high tech, arts, design, entertainment and media; as well as the more than 10,000 residents who call this village home.
Art Benches of Liberty Village: CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Application Deadline: Monday February 19, 2018 by 5:00pm
We are looking for Expressions of Interest to submit an original design for a custom -made steel bench to be installed in the Liberty Village area. Designs for the bench back should be original, timeless and modern.
- Submit a current résumé/CV, and an artist’s statement expressing the artist’s interest in designing an original bench back for the Art Benches of Liberty Village Project.
- Include colour photos of recent art or design work.
- Entries must include complete contact information, including name, address, phone, email and website if available.
- Entries may be submitted by mail to Mural Routes, 1859 Kingston Road, Toronto ON M1N 1T3 or by email to email@example.com
- Please put “Art Benches of Liberty Village” in the subject line of your email.
Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on February 19, 2017.
The competition will be a two-stage process.
STAGE 1: The Selection Committee (jury) will select up to 25 artists from the submitted REOI’s to prepare designs.
STAGE 2: I. Selected artists may be requested to submit up to 3 designs for consideration. II. 25 designs will be selected by a committee from the submissions
$1000 will be paid for each approved design.
Full application details http://bit.ly/2BFHaVH
This call is being administered by Mural Routes on behalf of the Liberty Village BIA and The City of Toronto.”