Indigenous Culture Fund (Ontario Arts Council)
“The Indigenous Culture Fund (ICF) was created to support First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities, culture and way of life. The new fund is administered by Indigenous staff members at the Ontario Arts Council (OAC), on behalf of the Province of Ontario through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport (MTCS).
The fund is part of the Government of Ontario’s response to the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC). The OAC and MTCS acknowledge and thank all of the survivors, their relations and the TRC.
ICF was created through a process of extensive outreach and collaboration with Indigenous communities across Ontario. ICF exists to support cultural priorities and activities as defined by Indigenous peoples and communities, including on and off-reserve, urban, rural and remote.
The process of engagement is an ongoing one. If you have feedback on ICF, we would like to hear from you.
The goals of ICF are to:
- Support the vitality and diversity of First Nations, Inuit and Métis expression and ways of life.
- Create opportunities for Indigenous people to continue community building.
- Support community-based activities that foster well-being and resilience for Indigenous peoples of all ages.
- Support Indigenous peoples to engage in and share cultural practices, knowledge and learning.
- Support Indigenous language revitalization.”
For more information on the ICF grant programs, please visit Ontario Arts Council’s Indigenous Culture Fund page.
-from Ontario Arts Council website