CUE: 2018 Grant Cycle open! (Toronto)
“CUE is a radical arts initiative dedicated to supporting new generation artists who live and work on the margins.
Throughout history, some of the most innovative artwork has been created by artists who experience marginalization and face
systemic barriers, and who have been excluded by conventional arts and cultural institutions. We recognize that arts funding agencies have struggled to keep up with growing social, cultural, and economic inequality.
In response, CUE has designed an accessible funding program offering not only financial support for art projects, but also consultation in preparing project proposals, support throughout the production process, and opportunities for public exhibition.
Founded in 2008, to date CUE has provided over $300,000 to support the creation of more than 300 art projects in multiple disciplines.
GRANTS FOR NEW-GENERATION ARTISTS LIVING AND WORKING ON THE MARGINS
Apply for up to $1000 to produce a project in any discipline
Artists must meet with CUE before submitting an application.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: NOVEMBER 23
GRANTS ARE FOR ARTISTS WHO:
• Identify as new generation artists (29 years old or under) living and working on the margins in Toronto
• Work in any artistic discipline
• Have a solid idea for an art project that can be completed in 3 months, and can be exhibited or presented to the public in some way
• Demonstrate experience in their medium
• Have a track record of finishing projects and following through on goals
• Have not received funding from the Toronto Arts Council, Ontario Arts Council, or Canada Council for the Arts, or other substantial arts funding
• Are not in a Masters program in a post secondary institution, and do not hold a Masters degree
• Meet with CUE before submitting an application
For more information please visit www.cueartprojects.ca.”
-from CUE Art Projects website