Call For Submissions: Soil Spirit Society Year 2 Residency (Children’s Peace Theatre, Toronto)
“Open call for submissions from Indigenous & Black youth artists
Children’s Peace Theatre is excited to be entering our second year of Soil Spirit Society, a three year land-based storytelling project that explores our relationship to land, our spiritual selves, and to our communities.
We are seeking Black & Indigenous youth, ages 18-26, to participate in a six month multi-disciplinary mentorship and residency at Children’s Peace Theatre from March 21st to September 29th 2019.
The mentorship and residency will include:
- A Dish with One Spoon: Indigenous Past, Present and Future
- Garden Build including compost building and training
- Relationships to Plants, seeds and planting
- Soil teachings
- Salve making
- Writing while Black & Indigenous
- Black history in Toronto and Southern Ontario
- Two Spirit Intersectionality
- Conversations about consent, sexuality and gender
- Introduction to Capoeira
- Community conflict transformation
Honorariums, food and TTC provided for every session attended.
If you are interested in this residency, please respond to the following questions in any way you feel is best (e.g. written, video recording, visual art etc.):
- How can we create a future that celebrates and centres Black & Indigenous peoples?
- What does Black and Indigenous solidarity mean to you?
- What does community look like to you?
Responses should be sent to jamaias[at]childrenspeacetheatre.org
Deadline for submissions February 28, 2019″
For more information, please visit: childrenspeacetheatre.org
-from Children’s Peace Theatre