Pitch Opportunity for Young Audience Work (Ontario Presents)
“Tour the Young Audience Circuit in the North
Apply for the opportunity to pitch your tour-ready work!
A delegation of multidisciplinary performing arts presenters from northern and central Ontario communities will be visiting Toronto in May 2019 to see performances at Junior (Harbourfront Centre), WeeFestival (Theatre Direct) and Uptown Toronto International Children’s Festival (Civic Theatres Toronto).
Eight professional Ontario-based performing arts artists/companies will be selected to pitch their work on Saturday, May 18, 2019 in Toronto for their chance to be presented in eleven communities across the province.
If selected, you will receive:
- professional coaching to develop your pitch delivery and presentation skills
- travel and accommodation for up to two representatives (only for artists/companies coming from outside Toronto/GTA)
- 10 minutes to pitch your work (with technical support) to a delegation of presenters, followed by a Q&A
The ideal artist/company for this opportunity would be:
- Bringing work geared towards a family or young audience (SK to grade 5)
- Able to animate their work with compelling and unique audience/community outreach and engagement activities
- Prepared to be on the road for two consecutive weeks during the 2020/21 season and expect to receive a presentation fee of $8,000-$14,000/week
- Adaptable to being presented in theatre spaces as well as community spaces (e.g. school auditoriums, town halls) with straightforward load-in/load-out and reasonable technical requirements
IMPORTANT: Applicants must be professional artists, ad hoc groups/collectives, or organizations based in Ontario”
For more information, please visit Ontario Presents’ website.
-from Ontario Presents