Become a Member of ArtBridges!
As you know, ArtBridges is a hub and forum for connection for anyone interested in or active in community-engaged arts and arts for social change in Canada.
Membership fees help to support the work of ArtBridges all year!
As a Member, you will be a vital partner in ArtBridges’ important work by helping us to raise awareness, connect people to community-engaged art initiatives, gather and share resources, and highlight what’s going on in the practice and field.
Last year was an exciting one for ArtBridges! Some highlights were:
- ArtBridges changed its organizational model! After 10 great years of growing and developing with the strong support and mentorship of Tides Canada, ArtBridges was designated as a Registered National Arts Service Organization and became a registered charity by Canadian Heritage and the CRA. Thank you to Tides Canada for incubating and building ArtBridges from charitable project, a seedling, into a new organization!
- ArtBridges staff went on 55 site visits in Ontario (marking over 250 site visits across Canada in past 3 years!) to meet community partners and see community-engaged arts initiatives in action. This provided us with enormous insight into how regional location, availability of resources, community needs & issues, culture, and leadership affects why an initiative comes to be and how it is sustained. There are so many inspiring projects and organizations out there! Call us to learn more or connect you!
- We connected with over 395 (and growing!) community-engaged arts initiatives across Canada and added over 40 initiatives to the Map and Profile Directory. Learn more about these amazing initiatives from coast to coast to coast on the Map and Profile Directory and update your initiative’s organization profile any time.
- We uploaded over 250 resources on artbridges.ca – Learning and Resources, and commissioned community partners to write about their unique experiences to share in our Tips and Tools series: “The Stuff of Community Engagement” by Annalee Adair; “Training for Artists Working with Seniors in the Deaf or Disability Communities” by Peter Wolf, H’Art Centre; “Creating Indigenous Art Spaces in the City” by artists Aura and Chief Lady Bird.
- We worked hard to keep the information flowing on a daily basis about what’s going on in the field via artbridges.ca with daily blog posts, Facebook & Twitter, and helped people with special requests—assisting with finding mentorship, connections, supplies, resources, and writing letters of support, all year!
- As a community partner, ArtBridges assisted the ASC! Project (Arts for Social Change) with research about community-engaged arts across Canada, so that they could conduct advocacy to increase visibility and resources for initiatives working in the field.
- ArtBridges held its 4th Annual Recognition Awards for Remarkable Community-Engaged Arts! There were over 75 submissions for this juried award.
As an ArtBridges Member, you or your arts initiative can:
- Have your website reviewed for accessibility, mobile responsiveness and clarity in a one-hour professional consultation
- Recognition Awards: Nominate your own community arts initiative, or another for ArtBridges’ Annual Recognition Awards based on remarkable innovation, resiliency, and creativity. Each of the three winning initiatives receive a donation of $250.
- Member Spotlight: Have your community-engaged arts initiative featured on ArtBridges’ Canada-wide Community Blog
- Receive consideration for a letter of support for your initiative from us.
- Take advantage of the Events and Classifieds sections of our website by having announcements and opportunities featured at the top of the pages for up to 3 times a year.
- Be listed under Membership Recognition on the ArtBridges website.
- Receive a Membership card: become a card-carrying member!
Join our Membership today! Please fill out the Membership registration form online at artbridges.ca. Your membership fee will cover from now through to the end of 2019.
Thank you for believing in this work!
ArtBridges Membership Developer
& Seanna Connell