Workshop: Artfare Essentials (Jumblies Theatre)
What is it?
- An introduction to principles and practices of arts that engage with and create community;
- Many things you need to know to undertake your own community arts project;
- An orientation to potential work or apprenticeship with Jumblies and Offshoots;
- A gathering of diverse people interested in community-engaged arts;
- A mix of presentation, discussion, art-making, site visits and take-home resources;
- A time to consider and discuss the joys & challenges inherent in this work;
- An intensive, fun, thought-provoking, immersive 6-day experience.
- Definitions, terms, & guiding principles
- Project visioning and planning
- Partnerships (with arts and other sectors)
- Research (arts and oral history-based)
- Facilitation (making art with people)
- Bridging diverse cultures and traditions
- Collaborating across disciplines, forms and traditions
- Navigating conflicts and challenges
- History and legacies of Jumblies
- Evaluation, documentation, sustainability, legacy
For more information and to apply for the upcoming session, please visit Jumblies Theatre.