“CNAL/RCAA will hold a National Conference on October 18-20, 2017 in the stunning, cultural gathering space of the Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health, 299 Montréal Road, Ottawa. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about key issues in arts and learning, be inspired by celebrated speakers and community leaders, and contribute to the future development of the Network. Proposals are invited for presentations on research, best practices and program profiles on one of the following themes.
- Building bridges in a pluralistic society through Best Practices in Arts and Learning
- Building bridges in Arts and Learning through Research
- Building bridges in Arts and Learning through Partnerships
- Building bridges in Arts and Learning through Best Practices
- Building bridges through advocacy for arts and learning
All presenters must register for the conference. Parallel sessions and poster presentations will be scheduled for October 20, 2017.
A limited number of Parallel and Poster Presentation opportunities are available.
Deadline to submit: ***Extended until August 18, 2017***
Notification to Successful Applicants: August 31, 2017
Notification of Presentation Time: September 30, 2017
Conference Registration Deadline for all Presenters: September 15, 2017
Each parallel session will be one hour in duration and will include three separate presentations. Each presentation will be no more than 15 minutes long, allowing for a joint question period following all three presentations.
A dedicated time will be scheduled for poster presentations.
- Posters must comply with a standard poster format no larger than 36″ x 48″
- Posters must be foam core mounted for hanging on a flat surface.”
-from CNAL/RCAA website