JOB POSTING: Summer Community Artists (2 student positions)
Under the supervision of the Artistic Director, the student community artists will assist in the development of community art projects at our Victory Park and Durham Street sites.
– Assist in the development of collective art works, including visual arts, sculpture, performance and media arts;
– Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings and workshops;
– Assist in the promotion of projects and recruitment of participants;
– Facilitate groups in the creation of collaborative art;
– Assist in organizing unveilings and celebrations;
– Assist in the development of media strategy;
– Participate in project evaluation;
– Attend staff meetings as required;
– Other related tasks and duties.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must have been registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year;
2. Intend to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year;
3. A student in secondary, post secondary, CEGEP or vocational or technical program;
4. Is between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at time of employment;
5. Is legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Applicants must be highly motivated, have a background in the arts and be able to work as a team member and with minimal supervision. Applicants can apply for this position by submitting a cover letter, resume and one page description of a community arts project idea that you would like to develop in the community. Please submit your application to email@example.com by Wednesday, June 8, 2016.
Tell us why you would be a great addition to our team at Myths and Mirrors!
For additional information, please contact us at (705) 222-1305.
JOB POSTING: Communications Internship Position
Rate of Pay: $18.85 hour for 30 hours per week One Year Contract
Myths and Mirrors Mandate
Myths and Mirrors Community Arts (M&M) promotes public participation in the arts by developing and providing tools, resources and support for communities to express themselves.
The purpose of this internship is to assist in the development and implementation of Myths and Mirrors Community arts external communications initiatives to its stakeholders and target audience. The internship’s objective will be to research, establish, set up and use various communication tools and resources in order to increase local engagement and awareness of the services and projects of Myths and Mirrors. They will also be working on communications for information sharing and outreach to the community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Artistic Director and Administrative Coordinator the intern will undertake the following:
– Create, implement and evaluate communication strategies and plans to align with the organization’s strategic plan
– Create goals and set measurable objectives
– Monitor effectiveness and trends
– Manage and improve website and blog and their contents
– Develop and implement promotional strategies for our artists’ services
– Design and update promotional materials and events materials
– Research and develop content for social media and drive traffic to website/blog
– Develop and lead workshops on media
– Attend staff meetings as required
– Other related tasks and duties
– Post secondary graduate of education, media relations, community development, business, marketing, social work and arts fields
– Experience in communications and marketing and project management
– Excellent facilitation skills
– Experience in leading workshops and facilitation
– Experience planning, coordinating and evaluating work
– Ability to document work using written and media tools
– Ability to use social media tools and updating/managing websites
– Experience in budget management
– Excellent public relations, communications and partnership development skills
– Ability to work as a part of a team
– Ability to work some weekends and evenings
This opportunity is available to recent graduates from an accredited college or university holding a diploma or degree seeking experience in their field of study. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume no later than Wednesday, June 8, 2016 to the attention of The Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all candidates who apply, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Myths and Mirrors adheres to full equity principles for staff and participants.
Submitted by Alexandra Dean, Myths and Mirrors Community Arts
Read Myths and Mirrors Community Arts’ profile on ArtBridges’ Directory and Map of Community-Engaged Arts