“Until this program opens in Nova, the Ontario Arts Council’s online granting system, program information may change. This includes deadline dates and specific information on eligibility. Be sure to visit this page after the program opens in Nova, but before starting your application.
The OAC recognizes and values the distinctive nature of the arts produced in Ontario’s Northern regions. We believe that the arts are essential to the quality of life, cultural identity, social well-being and economic prosperity of Ontario. We recognize the specific challenges and costs to creating, presenting and accessing the arts in the North. Applicants who live and work in the North are encouraged to apply to any program in which their activities are eligible. In addition, OAC has a program that specifically meets the needs of northern artists.
You are eligible to apply to Northern Arts Projects if you live in northern Ontario, or your ad hoc group/collective or organization is based in the North.
- The program supports the creation, production and presentation of art work; professional development; and community arts engagement initiatives that benefit communities in northern Ontario. There are four categories:
- New works: to help cover the costs of creation and production of new works in all artistic disciplines
- Presentation: to help cover the costs of presenting artistic work
- Skills/Career development: for artists to undertake skills and career development projects and for groups presenting projects that will benefit northern Ontario artists
- Working with community: to help cover the costs of community-engaged arts projects”
For more information, please visit Ontario Art’s Council’s website.
-from Ontario Arts Council