Job Opportunity: Indigenous Project Coordinator (Sarasvàti Productions, Winnipeg)
« We are hiring an Indigenous Project Coordinator for a new initiative.
Sarasvàti Productions is an independent theatre company with a vision to transform society through theatre. We are about to embark on a new project using the arts to share the stories of Indigenous youth with a goal to explore the effects of colonization and the meaning of reconciliation. We are excited to be able to welcome to the team an Indigenous Project Coordinator for this initiative. The Project Coordinator will work on a contract basis from late January 2019 to early May 2020. This role is primarily administrative in nature, managing logistics rather than undertaking creative work. The Project Coordinator’s main responsibilities will include:
- overseeing all logistical aspects of the project
- regularly reporting to the full staff team, Indigenous Advisory Committee and the Board
- managing communication with multiple partner organizations
- implementing recommendations from consultation circles
- recruiting and contracting artists, Elders, Knowledge Keepers and other participants
- planning workshop sessions for story gathering
- working with the team to coordinate logistical elements for public presentations
- overseeing follow-up with community groups, potential partners and other arts organizations
- assisting with outreach and networking
- helping realize the goals of the initiative including archiving the process and putting plans in place for long-term implementation of new processes.
Sarasvàti Productions is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from all Indigenous candidates. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit.
We are in the early stages of developing this 18-month project. The rate of pay and weekly hours will be negotiated to match the ideal candidate’s experience and availability. The position will be based out of the Sarasvàti Productions’ office at 242 Cathedral Avenue, but with the flexibility to work off-site.
For more information on the listing, please visit: http://sarasvati.ca/hiring-project-coordinator. For more information on the company please visit: www.sarasvati.ca. To apply please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail only to info[at]sarasvati.ca.
Deadline for application is January 30th or when the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those shortlisted will be contacted. Please note the position is dependent on funding. »
-from Sarasvàti Productions